Minutes of Weekly Meeting, 2016-11-23

Meeting called to order: 11:10 AM EST

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh
Eric Cormack
Peter Horwood
Heiko Ehrenberg

By Proxy:
---

Excused:
Carl Walker
Brad Van Treuren
Brian Erickson
Bill Eklow

2. Review and approve previous minutes:

  • Approval of October 26 minutes (draft circulated on 10/26/2016)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Insufficient attendees to vote on approval.

  • Approval of November 2 minutes (draft circulated on 11/02/2016)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Insufficient attendees to vote on approval
  • Approval of November 9 minutes (updated draft circulated on 11/13/2016)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Insufficient attendees to vote on approval.

3. Review old action items

  • All: do we feel SJTAG is requiring a new test language to obtain the information needed for diagnostics or is STAPL/SVF sufficient? See also Gunnar's presentation, in particular the new information he'd be looking for in a test language (http://files.sjtag.org/Ericsson-Nov2006/STAPL-Ideas.pdf)
  • Ian: Add the previously discussed lists to the 'master' template. Ongoing.
    • Some sections need further expansion that may take time to develop.
  • Ian: Add further "context" notes to the Key Takeaways sheet.
    • Ian has added context notes through to the end of the Key Takeaways and forwarded to Brad. COMPLETE

4. Reminders

  • Consider Adam's three points (from the action from the first weekly meeting) and suggest what is preventing us from answering those questions:
    • Establish consensus on goals and constraints
    • What are we trying to achieve?
    • What restrictions are we faced with?
  • Forum thread for discussion: http://forums.sjtag.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172
  • The Newsletter was due at the end of July 2015.

5. Discussion Topics

a. Enumerate our requirements
- What are we trying to implement?
- Review previous Key Takeaways for relevant ideas - continue from row 60

  • As Brad was not on the call Ian felt it was logistically too difficult to manage the two spreadsheets we had been using and run the call.  Since there was a light attendance, Ian suggested getting a brief resume of ITC instead.
  • Heiko reported that there was a lot of focus this year on the automotive sector and reliability within automotive applications. 1687.1 was also getting a lot of attention and had a poster and Fringe Meeting. 1687 itself was also getting interest this year.
  • Heiko had spoken to Michele who was unaware that we had been anticipating more feedback from the ETS session earlier this year. Michele will look through his notes and may contact Brad.
  • The exhibition floor has been slow, as is probably normal now. there were a little over 900 attendees, but around 200 of those were linked with exhibitors, so conference attendees maybe amounted to about 720. This is about 10% down on the previous year, but the first year at a new venue is apparently normally a bit down.  ITC is expected to be in Forth Worth again next year.
  • Heiko did not know if Bill had approached any of the TTSC people with our draft PAR texts; it was not mentioned at the TTSC meeting.  Bill should be on the call next week.
  • Ian noted that we had talked about putting the PAR texts on LinkedIn to try to get some feedback. Heiko wasn't sure this would get much response and suggested using the Newsletter, since the subscribers had already shown an interest in SJTAG. Ian agreed, but would "echo" anything to LinkedIn anyway.
  • Ian was thinking of just asking for feedback via email. Heiko agreed that this would present the lowest barrier, as signing up for forums and similar could put people off.  Even a dedicated web page would need setting up and made secure against misuse. Heiko suggested that the email link in the newsletter could include a default subject line, so that we know what the message is about.

6. Topic for next meeting

  • Enumerate our requirements - continued
    • What are we trying to implement?
    • Review previous Key Takeaways for relevant ideas - continue from row 65.

7. Key Takeaway for today's meeting

  • None.

8. Glossary terms from this meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • Definition of "interchangeability" required.
    • 'Instance' (or a more specific version of the term) may require definition in future.
    • 'Master through Slave Mode'
    • 'Master to Master Mode'
    • Need a refined definition of "system" for the purposes of the PAR.
    • 'Priority' - may relate to 'frequency' and 'urgency' in distinct definitions.

9. Schedule next meeting

  • Next meeting November 30. Heiko will be absent
  • December schedule:
    • 7, 14, 21.

10. Any other business

  • Ian hopes Michele will be able to provide a fuller report on the TESTA tutorial in due course.

11. Review new action items

  • None.

12. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Peter.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:26 AM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh