Minutes of Weekly Meeting, 2016-10-12

Meeting called to order: 11:09 AM EDT

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh
Brad Van Treuren
Brian Erickson
Heiko Ehrenberg
Peter Horwood (joined 11:29)

By Proxy:
---

Excused:
Eric Cormack
Carl Walker

2. Review and approve previous minutes:

  • Approval of August 17 minutes (updated draft circulated 08/20/2016).
    • Two corrections were noted during email approval: "applied" → "applied to", "alteration" → "abstraction".
    • Motion was by Brad, seconded by Eric with four approvals in total.
  • Approval of October 5 minutes (draft circulated on 10/05/2016)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Approval deferred until Peter had joined the call.
    • Brad moved to approve, seconded by Brian. No objections or abstentions.

3. Review old action items

  • All: do we feel SJTAG is requiring a new test language to obtain the information needed for diagnostics or is STAPL/SVF sufficient? See also Gunnar's presentation, in particular the new information he'd be looking for in a test language (http://files.sjtag.org/Ericsson-Nov2006/STAPL-Ideas.pdf)
  • Ian: Add the previously discussed lists to the 'master' template. Ongoing.
    • Some sections need further expansion that may take time to develop.

4. Reminders

  • Consider Adam's three points (from the action from the first weekly meeting) and suggest what is preventing us from answering those questions:
    • Establish consensus on goals and constraints
    • What are we trying to achieve?
    • What restrictions are we faced with?
  • Forum thread for discussion: http://forums.sjtag.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=172
  • The Newsletter was due at the end of July 2015.

5. Discussion Topics

a. Enumerate our requirements
- What are we trying to implement?
- Review previous Key Takeaways for relevant ideas - continue from row 31

6. Topic for next meeting

  • Enumerate our requirements - continued
    • What are we trying to implement?
    • Review previous Key Takeaways for relevant ideas - continue from row 48

7. Key Takeaway for today's meeting

  • None.

8. Glossary terms from this meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • Definition of "interchangeability" required.
    • 'Instance' (or a more specific version of the term) may require definition in future.
    • 'Master through Slave Mode'
    • 'Master to Master Mode'
    • Need a refined definition of "system" for the purposes of the PAR.

9. Schedule next meeting

  • Next meeting October 19.
  • October schedule:
    • 26.

10. Any other business

  • Carl has indicated that he should be able to download the BTW recording. The file is likely to be large.
  • Ian reported that the current version of software that runs the SJTAG forums is approaching end of life. Ian is working on an upgrade to the newer version, but the current styling cannot be copied over. Brad asked if the data could be retained, Ian replied that he'd already tried a dummy database upgrade and no data will be lost. Ian will work on re-styling the new software to carry the SJTAG "branding" even if the overall look is different.
  • Since we now have the Scope, Purpose and Need agreed, Ian wondered if we should be submitting the PAR. Brad suggested that it may be 6 months before NESCOM would be ready to consider it although it might be slow even getting it through TTSC. Heiko suggested that we could seek Study Group status again.  Brian proposed that we ask Bill Eklow for advice as he is more in tune with the current position with TTSC and IEEE. Ian will do this {ACTION}.
  • Ian hopes Michele will be able to provide a fuller report on the TESTA tutorial in due course.

11. Review new action items

  • Ian will contact Bill for advice on PAR submission.

12. Adjourn

  • Brian moved to adjourn, seconded by Peter.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:09 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh