Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.54, 2020-02-17

Meeting called to order: 11:05 AM EST

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_54.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Peter Horwood (Digital Development Consultants Ltd)
Joel Irby (AMD) (joined 11:17)
Jon Stewart (Dell) (joined 11:19)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions) (joined 11:06)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)

2. Agenda

  • Eric moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Terry, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-10}
  • Patent and Copyright slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 11}
  • Meeting #53, February 10 (draft circulated February 10)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Eric moved to approve, Brad seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 12}
  • [38.1] Brad: Email brief instruction on using the simulation tool
    • Brad has prepared his own I2C Master and is working on a variety of clients, so close to being able to distribute instructions.
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Inter-group Collaboration

  • {Slide 13}
  • NesCom has approved the PAR for P1450.6.2, Standard for Memory Modeling in Core Test Language.

7. Discussion Topics

7 a) Sketch out an outline of the draft

  • {Slide 14}
  • Bullet points recorded during the earlier meetings are now moved to a separate reference file: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack.pptx.
  • Draft outline is in slides 17-25 of this week's pack (linked in the heading of these minutes).
  • Content topics within sections 10 and 11 expanded textually {slides 23, 24}.
  • Need to differentiate between "Extended Concepts" and "Advanced Concepts": Extended Concepts gives additional information on how an interface can "plug-in" to STAM, while Advanced Concepts looks at more atypical or less obvious usages.
  • Some sub headings demoted and/or re-grouped.
  • "System of Systems"  referenced in 11 b) but "Assembly of Assemblies" was used in 8 a). Notion in 11 was to think of e,g, racks interconnected by cables. Is this a significant difference?
  • The intent of a few sub-headings were not clear or were questioned. Notes added to clarify intent.
  • Noted that not all interfaces will be defined by standards: 10 a) wording amended to reflect this.
  • More work is required on sections 10 and 11.
  • Forum thread for comments on the outline: http://forums.sjtag.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=1444#p1444.

8. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 15}
  • ETS has issued a call for "Informal" case studies, early innovations and Hot Topics. This may have been an opportunity for us to show something but we could not guarantee being able to support it.
  • The deadline for ITC Paper submissions is approaching (late March for abstracts with final papers due a week later).  We don't have time or resource to prepare a paper but a poster is more feasible: We could largely re-cycle the 2019 abstract and one-page-paper; the poster itself doesn't actually need to be submitted.

9. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

10. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8, 2019 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15, 2019 meeting.

11. Schedule next meeting

  • February 24, 2020.
    • Absences: None advised.

12. Topic for next meeting

  • Continue on outline of the draft, sections 10 and 11.

13. Reminders

  • None.

14. List New Action Items

  • None.

15. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Terry.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:03 PM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh