Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.50, 2020-01-20

Meeting called to order: 11:08 AM EST

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_50.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Peter Horwood (Digital Development Consultants Ltd) (left 11:43)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright) (joined 11:13)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

2. Agenda

  • Eric moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Terry, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-10}
  • Patent and Copyright slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 11}
  • Meeting #49, January 13 (draft circulated January 13)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Terry moved to approve, Eric seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

6. Inter-group Collaboration

  • {Slide 13}
  • No news.

7. Discussion Topics

7 a) Sketch out an outline of the draft

  • {Slide 14}
  • Bullet points recorded during the previous meetings have been moved to a separate reference file: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Reference_Pack.pptx (title page of slide pack corrected during the meeting).
  • Headings re-organised a little based on perceived priority in which topics should be presented {slides 17-20}.
  • Context in which "retargeting" was presented in 1687 examined: This was entirely written in terms of PDL - e.g. retargeting PDL to ICL. We probably want to reflect this as STAM is not introducing anything new or retargeting. However, P1687.1 and STAM are both introducing transformation as a new concept and the presentation ought to be consistent in both standards.
  • 1149.7 had HSDL.7 for hierarchy to go along with BSDL.7 at the lowest level.
  • The difference between "Extended Concepts" and "Advanced Concepts" was not recorded at the previous meeting and only the latter had been populated with sub-headings. "Extended Concepts" expanded for clarity.
  • "System Concepts" refers to hierarchy - assembly of assemblies, as opposed to being contained within a single assembly, board or device.
  • If the standard is to detail requirements for full compliance with the standard and a looser compatibility with the standard then the over heading for this should perhaps be "Conformance". 
  • Forum thread for comments on the outline: http://forums.sjtag.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=1444#p1444.

8. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 15}
  • Everything should be in place for the IPC APEX 2020 Poster: IPC have the interim "placeholder" slides and Louis will take to "proper" poster to the venue to replace the placeholders..

9. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

10. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8, 2019 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15, 2019 meeting.

11. Schedule next meeting

  • January 27, 2020.
    • Absences: None advised.

12. Topic for next meeting

  • Continue on outline of the draft.  Try to add some bullet point text under headings: May help indicate whether the flow looks right. Perhaps identify existing slides/diagrams that would be useful.

13. Reminders

  • None.

14. List New Action Items

  • None.

15. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Carl.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:05 PM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh