Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.44, 2019-11-25

Meeting called to order: 11:06 AM EST

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_44.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Peter Horwood (Digital Development Consultants Ltd) (joined 11:36)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)

2. Agenda

  • Eric moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Brad, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-10}
  • Patent and Copyright slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 11}
  • Meeting #43, November 18 (draft circulated November 18)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Eric moved to approve, Heiko seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 12}
  • [29.1] Terry to update Glossary (Due in two weeks).
    • Ongoing.
  • [38.1] Brad: Email brief instruction on using the simulation tool
    • Experimenting before writing up notes, Ongoing.
  • [43.1] Ian: Publish ITC poster on website.
    • Will be forwarded during the course of this meeting. COMPLETE.
  • [43.2] Heiko: Prepare PDFs of presentation
    • Will be forwarded during the course of this meeting. COMPLETE.
  • Louis will supply a copy of the AutoTestCon slides to be uploaded. Ian will prepare a short news item on the website to advertise the new items once they are all in place. 
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Planning our Standard

  • {Slide 13}
  • The revised IEEE-SA site has videos on using the template for standards.
  • P1687.1 opened the template in outline view to start dropping in headings.
  • We may need to address some educational aspects. Would this be for EDA vendors? Probably wider than that. 
  • Brad collected the points raised during the discussion as bullets on new slides added to the meeting pack {slides 14 to 19}. Refer  to the pack linked at the top of these minutes for the points raised. 
  • Security and its relevance to P2654 was discussed at some length. Possibly worth getting a draft reviewed by security experts. There may be some available from the CEDA group, former STAM member Russell Shannon, Al Crouch and Dr Mark Tehranipoor.
  • Joel mentioned a paper on Security for the Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap (HIR) and supplied a link: https://eps.ieee.org/images/files/HIR_2019/HIR1_ch19_security.pdf

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 20}
  • None.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15 meeting
    • ATCA, IPMI, REST RWS, SMBUS, PMBUS, MDIO, ISP.
    • LRU and SRA.

10. Schedule next meeting

  • December 2, 2019.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Planning our standard (cont'd).
    • Maybe start categorizing the points from today.

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • None.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Brad.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:09 PM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh