Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.40, 2019-10-28

Meeting called to order: 11:06 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_40.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics) (joined 11:40)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (VT Enterprises Consulting Services)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)

2. Agenda

  • Eric moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Brad, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #39, October 21 (draft circulated October 21)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Eric moved to approve, Brad seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 11}
  • [29.1] Terry to update Glossary (Due in two weeks).
    • Work in progress. Ongoing.
  • [38.1] Brad: Email brief instruction on using the simulation tool
    • Further updates in progress. Send email after wishbone and telnet interface in place. Ongoing.
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) ITC Material Review and Suggestions

  • {Slides 12}
  • i. Poster:
  • Current draft of poster reviewed: http://files.sjtag.org/ITC2019/ITC_2019_IEEE2654_v6.pdf
  • Changes since last review are minor, with only some affiliations being brought up-to-date.  Breadth of representation seems good.
  • The main graphic seem like the best one to use and offers opportunities for viewers to ask questions.
  • Possible disconnect with the SJTAG Universe diagram as STAM doesn't cover all of SJTAG.  This had been explained previously but only in words in the AutoTestCon paper: A graphic might be helpful. The box at the top right of the poster could be re-purposed for this (it's currently just "padding" and carried over from a previous poster). New graphic and bullets worked up from AutoTestCon wording (added as slide 14 of the meeting pack). Ian will tidy and incorporate into the poster.
  • ii. P1687.1/P2654 special presentation:
  • Using the AutoTestCon slidepack, a few slides were selected as "must haves" for the ITC presentation. More can be suggested during the week. Ian had recollection of a slide from Jeff Rearick that might be useful but was unable to locate during the meeting.
  • Brad proposed that Heiko, Brad and Jeff Rearick would be named on the slidepack but asked if anyone else ought to be added - no suggestions made.
  • The slides are not archived with these meeting notes as it was felt too embryonic to be of value at this stage.
  • Heiko hopes to be able to make some time to work on the pack this week.

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • Next TTSC meeting is during ITC, on Tuesday November 12.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15 meeting
    • ATCA, IPMI, REST RWS, SMBUS, PMBUS, MDIO, ISP.
    • LRU and SRA.

10. Schedule next meeting

  • November 4, 2019
    • Daylight savings ends in US on November 3rd, which means meeting returns to 4:00 PM GMT or 5:00 PM CET for Europe.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Review whatever progress has been made on ITC presentation.

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • [40.1] Ian: Update poster with new graphic sketched out today.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Heiko.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:06 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh