Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.32, 2019-08-26

Meeting called to order: 11:06 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_32.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright) (joined 11:07)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (No affiliation)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

2. Agenda

Eric moved to accept the agenda, seconded by Brad, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #31, August 19 (updated draft circulated August 21)
    • No further corrections.
    • Eric moved to approve, Brad seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 11}
  • [29.1] Terry to update Glossary (Due in two weeks).
    • Texts have been drafted, but not yet transferred to the Wiki Glossary.
    • Ian proposes a session to brief officers in "driving the website".
    • Ongoing.
  • [30.1] Tiger team to provide a schedule for what they plan to do by August 26th.
    • Terry will lead this team. Nothing received on scope of the activity yet.
    • Ongoing.
  • [31.1] Ian: Supply Louis with group joining details.
    • Details supplied. COMPLETE.
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Preview of 1687.1 slides for AutoTestCon

  • {Slide 12}
  • Brad took the group through a preview of the P1687.1 presentation that Al Crouch would be delivering at AutoTestCon tomorrow (August 27th).
  • Presentation title: "P1687.1: Accessing Embedded 1687 Instruments using Alternate Device Interfaces other than JTAG".
  • In what form are the callbacks expected to be supplied? Translatable code or a behavioural description? This has not been decided.
  • Are Functional Registers exclusive to 1687.1 or could other functionality in the device also be accessing them? These are a way of making existing instruments accessible at the DPIC. The description comes from PDL and can't really be used by other device functions.

6 b) Recap on past SJTAG survey data

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • None.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15 meeting
    • ATCA, IPMI, REST RWS, SMBUS, PMBUS, MDIO, ISP.
    • LRU and SRA.

10. Schedule next meeting

  • September 9, 2019
    • September 2nd cancelled due to Labor Day holiday.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Recap on past SJTAG survey data.

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • None.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Carl.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:05 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh