Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.26, 2019-07-15

Meeting called to order: 11:08 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_26.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments) (joined 11:12)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (No affiliation)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

2. Agenda

Eric moved to accept the agenda as proposed, seconded by Jon, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #25, July 8 (draft circulated July 8)
    • No corrections.
    • Eric moved to approve, Carl seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Business case for STAM

  • {Slide 12}
  • Brad shared a slide from Jeff Rearick on the three use cases and how did or did not relate to 1687.
  • May be important to emphasise that what we're describing as the model doesn't necessarily imply that the hardware needs to supply specific support for STAM.  However, there may need to be some specific features in the customer-shippable firmware to support access to the RHS interface from the LHS interface.  That could provide secured access.
  • Could also have "virtual access" - a service that controls access to test instruments, - a "Scan Proxy".
  • Do we need start describing "Who will interact with STAM" at a higher level, which industry sectors or roles are stakeholders?  Complicated: For example, a transform may require retargeting of interface n2 alongside the retargeting of the target instrument, which may involve different EDA toolsets needing to work together.
  • There is nothing about 1687 or 1149.1-2013 that describes what interface n2 does, it just gives instructions on how to control it with no context.  STAM may need to provide that additional context.
  • Brad prepared a new slide pack {shared} using a copy of Jeff's diagram. This was then annotated on with call-outs to illustrate the main discussion points and where they applied.
  • Refer to this slide pack for the remaining points from the call: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/Identified_Issues_20190715.pdf.

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • Brad has posted topics for 'transform' and 'retarget' on the forums.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15 meeting

10. Schedule next meeting

  • July 22, 2019
    • Jon out, Louis out until July 28.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Business case for STAM (continued).

12. Reminders

  • Brad will provide Louis with a "refresher" on diagram(s) in advance of presentation.

13. List New Action Items

  • None.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Brad.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:04 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh