Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.22, 2019-06-17

Meeting called to order: 11:05 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_22.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Peter Horwood (Firecron Ltd.)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm) (left 11:30)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (No affiliation)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)

2. Agenda

Brad moved to accept the agenda as proposed, seconded by Peter, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #21, June 10 (updated draft circulated June 12)
    • No corrections.
    • Terry moved to approve, Jon seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) AutoTestCon material

  • {Slide 12}
  • A marked up version had been sent out to the main contributors last week {shared}.
    • Louis was intending to develop text for section V.
    • Heiko had offered to reformat the diagrams for the paper (essentially removing the blue backgrounds).
    • Louis would like to finalise this next week - paper id due by 30th but would like to have it around 27th. Hope to have the written material ready for next meeting on 24th.
  • Section II may need some expansion on Need, Purpose and Scope. Could use PAR text, but perhaps we ought to keep it brief? Other material still to be added will expand the page count (currently 4 pages) - 6-8 pages is probably typical.
  • Printed proceedings may want to have B&W diagrams (if that is still done)? CD of material will be supplied and that will have PDFs where colour can be used. Not all of the author instructions remain in the current file as shared, so Louis will pass on the original template in case there is further guidance on formatting. 
  • Some diagrams may need to span both columns of the layout.
  • Some citations are still to be added. BTW02 paper is no longer available from Molesystems. Brad has the document so it could be re-hosted on the SJTAG website (the accompanying slides are already there). Brad will upload the paper {ACTION}.
  • Brad reviewed the diagrams he altered or added.  The following are some of the points raised:
    • Board Test Use Model: Yellow represents elements of STAM. For clarity, the small yellow clouds should have "STAM" added while the pale blue ones should have "SJTAG" added. Note that the small yellow clouds touch the yellow boundary of the large cloud (the "STAM Layer"). U8 and U9 represent native I2C and SPI instruments respectively, i.e. there is no further transition to e.g. 1687 inside those devices.
    • STAM Generalized Bridge Model: Flip the dividing line for Hardware/Software, i.e. move the Hardware part to the top of slide.

6 b) ITC Poster abstract

6 c) Review of P1687.1 glossary proposals

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 14}
  • None.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Access Interface" as proposed at April 15 meeting

10. Schedule next meeting

  • June 24, 2019

11. Topic for next meeting

  • AutoTestCon material
  • Glossary
    • Noted that we will need to be considering the template for our standard shortly.

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • [22.1] Brad: Copy BTW02 paper to file manager (presentation slides are already there).

14. Adjourn

  • Terry moved to adjourn, seconded by Peter.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:59 AM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh