Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.18, 2019-05-06

Meeting called to order: 11:06 AM EDT

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_18.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics) (joined 11:20)
Peter Horwood (Firecron Ltd.) (joined 11:08)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Rakesh Kumar (Ampere Computing) (joined 11:27)
Erik Larsson (Lund University)
Adam W. Ley (ASSET InterTech)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)
Brad Van Treuren (No affiliation)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Jon Stewart (Dell)

2. Agenda

Brad moved to accept the agenda as proposed, seconded by Eric, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.
    • No comments.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #17, April 29 (draft circulated April 29)
    • Two corrections, notified by email: Meeting number and spelling of 'TESTA'.
    • Eric moved to approve as amended, Brad seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 11}
  • [SG21.1] Brad: Supply Ian with glossary definitions used by 1687.1 for "transformation" and "retargeting".
    • Progress being made in P1687.1 (on more than just these two terms).
    • ONGOING.
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Group review of TESTA slides

  • Brad had circulated an updated set of slides prior to the meeting but Jan had an independently modified set to present (http://files.sjtag.org/TESTA2019/TESTA_STAM_6_May.pptx). 
  • Intent was to run through slides as a "dry run" presentation, working to the ~20 minutes allocated at TESTA.
    • Slide 14 is an adaption of Brad's original MBIST slide. Possibly easier to grasp. Note that the 'USB I/O' box can also be connected to the STAM cloud just as the '1149.1 I/O' box is, giving access to U5.
    • Jan seemed unsure of slide 15, Brad provided a simplified explanation, highlighting what the green and yellow braces were trying to enclose.
    • Jan questioned if he gave an adequate description of the 'bottom-up' and 'top-down' slides (16 and 18).
    • Would slide 11 (SJTAG Universe) raise too many questions? When originally created there were two slides, the first showing only the conventional manufacturing and repair operations that 1149.1 supported (the green loop) and this slide, showing the expanded scope of use cases that SJTAG could support. These use cases could be generalised to reduce the number. Some explanation of abbreviations was necessary:
      • HALT - Highly Accelerated Life Test
      • HASS - Highly Accelerated Stress Screening
      • ESS - Environmental Stress Screening
      • BLST - Boot-Level Self-Test (warm boot self-test as opposed to POST which is a cold boot self-test)
      • Flight Recorder - really just some mission data/event/fault logging scheme
  • A further session would take place after this meeting to consolidate changes and revisions.

6 b) ITC Poster outline

  • Not discussed due to lack of time, although it was noted that Bill Eklow is possibly still in charge of posters at ITC.

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • Our P&P was presented for Sponsor approval but as there had been no opportunity for prior review this has been deferred until the next TTSC meeting.
  • A couple of standards, including 1149.7, are reaching the end of their period of validity with no interest in revising them: These will become "inactive reserved" when they expire.
  • AutoTestCon paper (4-6 pages) will need to be submitted in June.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation, Retargetting.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Retargeter", "Access Interface", Access Point", "Virtual Access Point" as proposed at April 15 meeting

10. Schedule next meeting

  • May 13, 2019
    • Ian will be absent May 20, 27, Terry May 20.
    • Heiko will be absent May 20, June 3, 10.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • ITC Poster outline
  • Review of P1687.1 glossary proposals

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • None.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Peter.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:09 PM EDT

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh