Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.17, 2019-04-29

Meeting called to order: 11:05 AM EST

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_17.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Jon Stewart (Dell)
Brad Van Treuren (No affiliation) (joined 11:25)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Naveen Srivastava (Nvidia)

2. Agenda

Carl moved to accept the agenda as proposed, seconded by Eric, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.
    • No comments.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #16, April 15 (draft circulated April 15)
    • No further corrections noted.
    • Eric moved to approve, Jon seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

{AOB was taken out of agenda order at this point, to allow time for Brad to join}

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Differences between retargeting and transformation cases (continuation)

  • Recap of slides used at last meeting (http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/Transformation_vs_Retargetting20190415.pdf) {slides BGVT 9-12}. The 1687 Access Point is really just a TDR.
  • ATE example {slide BGVT 13}, P1687.1 example {slides BGVT 14-15}, 1149.1 example {slide BGVT 16}, generalised case {slide BGVT 17}.
  • Next group of slides address top-down ("Discover and Conquer") {slides BGVT 19-22}.
    • The Circuit Model shows the path through the board/circuit.
    • STAM may not need the full ICL and 1687 ICL is specifically following and capture-shift-update cycle which cannot be assumed for all interfaces. Going back to Slide 5, the green area will be encompassed by the Circuit Model and possibly also the cyan area if there is no underlying standard to cover it.
    • The Circuit Model is a tree structure so you can know the path from the root to a leaf.
    • In cases like 1687, the instrument data has to be aligned in the correct bit position offsets within the vector.
    • The "Conquer" is where we apply the Circuit Model to the hardware.
    • Potential downside is that we need attributes for each leaf as well as all the nodes back to the root..

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • TTSC meeting is due to re-convene on Wednesday (May 1).
  • ITC - opportunity to present a poster. Heiko and Jan are attending, Louis may attend. Poster submission would need to be in by June 15th. Proposal to discuss security if STAM progress appears not to be enough. May be sufficient for acceptance if we say we'll present the current state of STAM, which should have moved on by the time of ITC (November 12-14).
  • AutoTestCon has approved our submission: Paper is due by June 30th.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • Top-down will require more memory compared to bottom-up, which is event driven.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
      • "Interface" is overloaded and requires disambiguation.
    • 1687.1: Transformation, Retargetting.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.
    • "State", "Vector", "Sequence" and "Pattern" as proposed at April 8 meeting.
    • "Event", "Retargeter", "Access Interface", Access Point", "Virtual Access Point" as proposed at April 15 meeting

10. Schedule next meeting

  • May 6, 2019
    • Terry, Brian and Jon will be absent, possibly Peter and Eric. May not have a quorum.
    • Ian will be absent May 20, 27, Terry May 20.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Group review of TESTA slides (does not need a quorum).
  • ITC Poster outline

12. Reminders

  • TESTA preparation discussion to follow after this meeting - review of initial slide pack.

13. List New Action Items

  • None.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Brad.
  • Meeting adjourned at 12:09 PM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh