Minutes of P2654 Working Group Meeting No.4, 2019-01-21

Meeting called to order: 11:04 AM EST

The slide references relate to the pack used during this meeting, located here: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/P2654_Meeting_4.pdf

1. Roll Call

Ian McIntosh (Leonardo)
Heiko Ehrenberg (GOEPEL Electronics)
Eric Cormack (DFT Solutions)
Terry Duepner (National Instruments)
Brian Erickson (JTAG Technologies)
Adam W. Ley (ASSET InterTech)
Richard Pistor (Curtiss-Wright)
Jan Schat (NXP Semiconductors)
Craig Stephan (INTELLITECH Inc.)
Jon Stewart (Dell) (joined 11:05)
Brad Van Treuren (Nokia) (left 11:24)

* Noted that Rakesh Kumar (zGlue Inc.) was showing online but did not join the audio part of the call.

Guests:
---

By email (non-attendees):
---

Excused:
Bill Huynh (Marvell Inc.)
Joel Irby (Arm)
Carl Walker (Cisco Systems)
Louis Ungar (A.T.E. Solutions)

2. Agenda

Brad moved to accept the agenda as proposed, seconded by Eric, no objections.

3. IEEE Patent Slides

  • {Slides 5-9}
  • Patent slides reviewed.
    • No comments.

4. Review and Approve Previous Minutes

  • {Slide 10}
  • Meeting #3, January 14 (draft circulated January 14)
    • No corrections noted.
    • Terry moved to approve, Eric seconded, no objections or abstentions → minutes approved.

5. Review Open Action Items

  • {Slide 11}
  • [SG21.1] Brad: Supply Ian with glossary definitions used by 1687.1 for "transformation" and "retargeting".
    • ONGOING.
  • [SG27.2] Legacy Initiative Group to propose definition for "SJTAG".
    • Proposed in FAQ.
    • COMPLETE.
  • [1.1] Ian: Make contact with Jeff Rearick, Mike Ricchetti, Saghir Shaikh early January regarding Elections Officer roles.
    • Addressed in discussion during meeting #3.
    • COMPLETE.
  • Action Item Register: http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/ActionItemRegister.xlsx

6. Discussion Topics

6 a) Appointment of Elections Officers {Slide 12}

  • Elections Officer requirements and duties summarised. Short term roles. Need not be "active" members of the group, could come from "observers".
  • Jeff Rearick has offered his template emails and spreadsheets and to possibly give advice if needed.
  • Baseline P&Ps for WGs suggest that the Sponsor Chair should appoint the Elections Officers, but Adam Cron (our Sponsor Chair) strongly suggested we try to find them from within our group first. Presumably he would then affirm anyone we propose.
  • Ian will circulate an email asking for eligible volunteers to take on the Election Administrator and Auditor roles {ACTION}.

6 b) Review and approval of WG P&P

  • No comments since draft 0.3 circulated: http://files.sjtag.org/Documents/STAM_P2654_WG_PnP_v0.3.docx
  • The amendments arising from the full review during meeting #2 resulted in draft 0.2. Draft 0.3 incorporates amendment proposals that were received after that meeting, so not reviewed by the group.
  • Edit summarised on additional slide, http://files.sjtag.org/P2654WG/Edits_to_PandP.pdf {shared}.
  • These are mostly presentation issues, a couple are editorial instructions from the template that had not been fully carried out along with some consistency tidy-ups regarding letter ballots, which we do not intend to use.
  • No further comments being presented, Brad moved that the group adopt the Policy and Procedures presented in draft 0.3, seconded by Eric. Vote taken by roll call:
    • 9 approve
    • 1 abstain
    • Chair recused - motion passed.
  • Draft 0.3 will be converted to issue 1 and passed to TTSC for approval. IEEE AudCom reserves the right to audit WG P&Ps but their approval is not a routine requirement.

7. Any Other Business

  • {Slide 13}
  • None.

8. Today's Key Takeaways

  • None.

9. Glossary Terms from This Meeting

  • None.
  • Carried over:
    • "Interface" is missing.
      • No obvious IEEE accepted definition.
      • 1687 has definitions for specialised forms: Device Interface and Instrument Interface.
      • We may need specialised forms for Software Interface and Hardware Interface.
    • 1687.1: Transformation, Retargetting.
    • IEEE 1856: Sense - "Sensor" done, Acquire, Analyze not really defined.
    • Device - do we mean a packaged device? May be many devices in a package. "Device" is often used as a modifier, e.g. "device package", "device identification".
    • Use Case Context, Application Context
    • Legacy Infrastructure, SJTAG Infrastructure (placeholders for now, really for working group to define).
    • "Generators": May need to be qualified as "Test Generators" (used by the integrator/tester) and "Model Generators" (used by IP providers, interface designers, etc.).
    • AccessLink and DataLink descriptions will need to be revised.
    • See P1687.1's definitions on Slide 31 of the pack presented by Jeff Rearick on Jan 14, 2019.

10. Schedule next meeting

  • January 28, 2019.
    • Bill will be absent.

11. Topic for next meeting

  • Consider hand-off from STAM to e.g. P1687.1.

12. Reminders

  • None.

13. List New Action Items

  • [4.1] Ian: Circulate request for volunteers to be Elections Officers.

14. Adjourn

  • Eric moved to adjourn, seconded by Brian.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:26 AM EST

Respectfully submitted,
Ian McIntosh